Download past issues:
Quaestio, the UCLA undergraduate history journal, is the official publication of the Theta Upsilon chapter of Phi Alpha Theta International History Honors Society. In accordance with chapter bylaws, all editors of the journal are members in good standing of Phi Alpha Theta. Quaestio accepts unpublished, original manuscripts from all current UCLA undergraduate students that meet the criteria as established by the Editorial Board and posted on the chapter’s official web site. Calls for papers are issued at intervals to be determined by the Editorial Board. Manuscripts submitted to the journal that are introduced into the editorial process are not returned. While authors retain the copyright to their work, they must notify the Editorial Board prior to submitting it to any other printed or online publication.
- Author must be a current UCLA undergraduate at the time of submission.
- Topic must be of a historical nature. (Contact the staff if uncertain; manuscript subject to rejection)
- Original and unpublished; must be in English
- Must be in standard 12pt. Times New Roman or Arial font
- Minimum 8 pages not including bibliography
- 1-3 pages for book reviews (page length negotiable)
- 1-page abstract required
- You must submit your work via e-mail to this email.
- Please have clear concise subject headlines
- Multiple submissions allowed
- Only one submission per author may be published
- Submission Deadline
- Abstract: **Must be included as the first page of the document**